author

By Nina J P Evans

Monday, February 28, 2011

Back to the Future


When I first saw this project I found it pretty hilarious, but this idea is very clever, the personal portraits seem too resonant at the deepest of levels. Even though we don't know these people, it's a trip we all want to be involved with both in its charm and wonder. This is an opportunity not so much about looking at others but also thinking about ourselves. Our physical changes and our developmental journey from childhood onwards. The photographer Irina Werning literally offers her subjects the opportunity to go back to their future. She explains:
I love old photos. I admit being a nosey photographer. As soon as I step into someone else's house, I start sniffing for them. Most of us are fascinated by their retro look but to me, it's imagining how people would feel and look like if they were to reenact them today… A few months ago, I decided to actually do this. So, with my camera, I started inviting people to go back to their future.
Here these people are facing the absurdity of going back through time.

No comments:

Post a Comment